7.10.2009

3-0- not so uh oh

The dreaded day has come and gone. I am happy to say that is was not as traumatic as anticipated, and I didn't cry, not even once.
The husband took the day off and we went to Santa Monica Pier. Where we (I) got sunburned (again) and now have a nice little "white" spot, READ: tan lines, right in the middle of my chest that looks like a butterfly. Nice. Also, got honked at by the Sheriff Department boat, just as was trying to figure out how to a picture on the boat, with the cops, with me in handcuffs, you know without actually jumping off the pier and getting arrested...then sped up and drove away. Sad. We DID get to take an extra long ride on the Ferris Wheel, which was awesome. It was so nice and cooly-breezy at the top!
Unfortunately is was also BRIGHT.
I really do appreciate the position of the bell tower shooters when I looked upon the masses of humanity teeming below.
Then I was thankful that I don't live around the corner from the Ferris wheel . There have been days when I load my imaginary .223 and try to think of where the nearest bell tower is. As the Bloggess said, "People amaze me. Not in a good way." If you haven't read her yet, GO GO NOW! I won't be offended, promise. Well maybe a little. :)
But I digress... the birthday was fun. Went to dinner at the best chinese resturaunt in the area. Hole in the Wall goodness here people.
C'est le vie! 364 more days until 29+2. sigh
(wouldn't my hs french teacher be proud? non.)

No comments: