2.02.2011

i guess... one sick husband.

I have this book, Wishes by Jude Deveraux, in which the heroine is asked if she had to pick which would she prefer to deal with for an undetermined length of time. One sick husband OR three sick kids. I always figured I'd pick the three sick kids. Alas, alak and woe, all I get is one sick husband.


ONE SICK HUSBAND. No offense to the men of blogland, but men are babies when sick.

Not to mention it's been almost a year since I've been sick. The last time I got sick it went on for over 35 days. 35 days without being able to taste much of anything. Do you know how hard it is to cook when nothing tastes right? I whined about it here at the 27 day mark. I can feel my sinuses trying to drain and my throat hurting a little. Not amused universe. Not amused.


ARRHGH!!! Anyway.......

We DID buy our new tv, and a new blu-ray player. I almost cried when we dropped just over $800 at Fry's. But I totally used thier price-match policy against them and got everything for $70 less. WooHoo internets!

We finished the project I wordless wednesday'd (wow, incorrect usage much?) last week.





We stained the pine ebony, (which didn't come out as dark as I wanted), I padded and upholstered top with a pretty duel tone steel blue that looks like it has little birdie feet-prints all over it. The husband attached the top with brass hinges and we put a black metal hasp on it to hold it closed. Anybody have an antique/vintage (working) lock with a key they want to send me? Please? It's about 16 cubic feet inside, if I did my math right (aAHHAhahahaha, my high school algebra teacher is laughing somewhere in hell right now)And it holds my crafting stuff. It acts as a footstool/bench. It ALSO acts as a table when needed as we had a glass table top stored (that I don't remember where it came from) that fits perfectly at 4'x 2'. Couldn't have worked out better if we had planned it that way.

Uh-oh. 6:15pm and I haven't started dinner. Let's all hope that the husband gets better QUICK. also, that I don't get sick at all.

*sigh*

1 comment:

Kelli said...

I won't deny that men are babies when they're sick. But I'd much rather have one sick husband, because then I am not quite as responsible for taking care of him. If a kid is sick, I have to clean sheets and get him food and stay home from work (though that part isn't really bad...). But a sick husband? I'm like, "Okay, I'll cook dinner, but you must have a delusionally high fever to think I will wash anything pukey for you."