2.16.2011

let a smile be your umbrella...

Dear Universe, If I let a smile be my umbrella, I would drown. Not because I don't smile but because a smile looks like an upside down umbrella. Which would COLLECT water. Thus drowning me. Bite my ass universe and save the platitude for another sucker.

What is up with this week? My grandmother died. My father-in-law had a heart attack. My mother-in-law (on the way to the hospital) got into a 3 car accident when some 19 year old kid more or less broadsided her. She's 67 (68?) and fairly fragile. My niece was in the car and is now in various degrees of pain. My husband is freaking out. AAHRHRGHHG!

*breath breath breath*

On my only positive note, I have managed to keep up with my Postcrossing. I just wrote a card to a woman in Finland. They really like their postcrossing in Finland.

I also bought myself some small feel better gifts. A 500 year old Tudor era buckle, some handmade soap, some jewelry findings. So hey, mosey on over to the right and look at my etsy shop, buy something so I can pay for all this stuff! Just kidding, (notreally), but seriously, etsy has some great stuff and there is no rule that says you can't look at the pretty pretties right?

Holy crap! When did it get to be 2:48am?
I think that means time for bed. Okay, it means time to read a chapter or two of the Graveyard Book then time for bed.

Oh, Universe? You want to take it a little easier on me tomorrow (today)?
Kthnxbai!

No comments: