3.04.2011

horripilation - not as painful as it sounds

I came across this word a few days ago while I was looking for something else I have now completely forgotten. I love learning new words, but I can't see ever using this word. Ever. It means 'to have goosebumps'. I guess it would be funny if when you had goosebumps at some function or other where you didn't like the people you could clutch your arms and run out screaming, "Horripilation!" Just a thought. ( I just spell-checked this and blogger claims horripilation isn't even a word)

I got a new kitchen faucet today. Here was the progression:

Tuesday: Tell the manager that my current (now former) faucet had sprung a strange leak in the neck.

Wednesday: Plumber/contractor comes to look at the faucet since he was going to be in the building anyway. Promises to return the next day with a new faucet.

Thursday: Wait all freaking morning.....wait some more....plumber shows up and brings wrong faucet. Blames others. Promises to return with right faucet. Tomorrow.

Friday: Getting pissy. Plumber returns, installs new faucet after fighting with old faucet for 20 minutes. New faucet is PLASTIC.

Prediction? New faucet with get broken within 6 months. Repeat.

No comments: