3.21.2011

what the hell calendar?

How did it get to be March 21st? Wasn't it just, like, Christmas? Really?


My wedding anniversary was March 17th. 8 years of weddedness. So far so good.
We spent the day of our anniversary wandering around LACMA. I was so sore after 8 hours of concrete and hard museum floors. I already want to go back though and more thoroughly explore the European galleries. A few favorites:

Urban Lights, an outdoor exhibit featuring over 200 restored street lamps.
Untitled. Seems a bit lazy to create something huge and thought provoking and then not name it.

The Death of Lucretia by Ludovico Mazzanti


The Mocking of Christ by Gerrit van Honthorst

Portrait of a Young Woman with a White Coif by Hans Holbein the Younger. I was completely transfixed by his tiny painting.



Satan by Jean-Jacques Feuchère. I wanted to abscond with one but it was heavy,

Miss Charlotte Papendick as a Child by John Hoppner

After the museums we went to Luna Park for dinner. If you're ever in Los Angeles - GO THERE.
We had grilled artichoke (the best I've ever had) and I had Mahi with couscous salad. I meant to take a picture but I had um, already eaten it by the time I remembered.. We ordered 2 desserts ($8.50 each!) I recommend the s'mores. I've never been s'mores fan but they make their own graham crackers and it comes with a pot of bittersweet chocolate over a candle to keep it warm, and the marshmallow comes similarly in a pot with a candle. It is crusty and brown on top and foamy inside. We kind of fought over it. GET IT. Get TWO. Worth it.

There was much sleeping and video gaming the rest of the weekend. We went and saw Paul on friday. (I could barely walk) It was good, but I didn't seem to find it quite as funny as everyone else did.
So, now it's monday. Ugh, monday. Back to the grind.

No comments: