5.22.2012

like setting fire to my skin whilst partaking in an exercise in futility.

Back from camping!
Sunburned!

As predicted, the weather in Carpinteria was beautiful. I'm generally more of a cold/cloudy/windy kind of girl and temperate, central coast weather is completely wasted on me. BUT that being said, the gorgeousness that is the Carpinteria coast is hard to deny. Now, to just remember my western european heritage and pack the damn sunscreen. Lobster Girl, for serious, even the part in my hair is sunburned.

So much SUN! And SAND! And STUPID!

You know how you know something for certain, 100%, and have proof of your knowledge but someone else refuses to listen, even when you are adamant? And right? Oh for the love of all that's holy, you are RIGHT? That happened to me while camping. I had told someone the week before that the dog my in-laws were bringing camping had not been properly socialized and did NOT like other dogs. Under any circumstances. Did they listen? NO THEY DID NOT.

"Lets introduce the dogs."
NOT A GOOD IDEA.
"It will be fine."
IT WILL NOT BE FINE.
"But our dog is so friendly!"
THIS WILL NOT GO WELL.
"Let's just get them together."
YOUR DOG WILL GET EATEN.
"But she's such a good girl!"
AND TASTY. DON"T FORGET TASTY

So, not listening to me, or my husband, they introduced the dogs. The great big freaking baby that is my in-laws great dane proceeded to growl and snarl at the other dog, all while contemplating eating her.
Did they listen to me? NO THEY DID NOT.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Charlie, the worlds biggest baby, who also happens to eat small dogs.


And so the dogs had to be kept separate the entire trip. Then, after 4 days, the worlds most annoying accountant "forgot" that there was a 130 pound dog tied up in the campsite and walked her tasty, tasty dog through. Chaos ensued. It was at this point that I am glad I was on the beach during the "incident". My husband...not so much. He pulled her away before she could do any damage and had words with his dad. It's a damn good thing I wasn't there. I would have had words for the worlds most annoying accountant also.

It wasn't all bad. Though I was never really able to entirely shake the feeling of annoyance, it had less to do with the vacation and more to do with the fact that my tolerance level for people in general is only about 2 degrees above absolute zero.
We got at least mildly sauced every night, we played Cards Against Humanity (if you've never played, you're missing out, seriously.)We walked on the beach a LOT, where I suffered a mildly sprained ankle on the first day. I WENT IN THE OCEAN. This is huge for me. I didn't panic or drown or anything. I didn't yell at a single person, it was a close thing. We watched the solar eclipse. You know what works way better than a cardboard box with a hole in it for viewing? 4 pairs of sunglasses stacked on top of each other (and not looking through my sweater and counting on that to not blind me). Watched my father in-law pole dance, sort of. Was both hilarious and slightly traumatizing.

A little sorry to be home again. But WOW, did I miss my bed.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .sunset in Carpinteria
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .the hubs and one of the many trains that roll through here
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .lagoon bridge and california poppies
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . train bridge

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .dusk

No comments: